More About Amber Guyger
White Dallas police officer Amber Guyger has been found guilty of murder after she fatally shot her unarmed black neighbor after claiming she mistook his apartment for her own.
A jury reached the unanimous verdict in the high-profile trial for the 2018 killing of 26-year-old Botham Jean after six days of witness testimony but just a handful of hours of deliberation.
Amber Guyger Age
Amber Guyger’s age is Thirty (30) years old (born in 1988)
Amber Guyger Murdered the Innocent Man Botham Shem Jean
Amber Guyger, 31, argued she killed Botham Jean, 26, after mistakenly thinking she was in her own flat and that he was an intruder. Amber Guyger former police officer who argued she had a right to use lethal force when she killed an innocent man after mistakenly entering his apartment has been convicted of murder.
JUST IN: Dallas cop Amber Guyger found guilty of murder for fatally shooting her neighbor Botham Jean in his home.
— Complex (@Complex) October 1, 2019
Amber Guyger faces a lengthy prison sentence after a jury found her guilty of the murder of Botham Jean in Dallas on 6 September last year – a verdict Jean family attorneys hailed as a significant moment in the battle to hold police accountable.
Amber Guyger faces up to 99 years in prison after being found guilty of murder in the killing of Botham Jean.
She was originally charged with manslaughter, which carries a 20-year sentence. The charge was upgraded after protests. pic.twitter.com/8hX7C2FZx7
— AJ+ (@ajplus) October 1, 2019
Amber Guyger Fired From His Post
Moreover, after an internal review officer, Amber Guyger was fired from her post. Ms. Guyger was working with the Dallas Police Department for nearly 5 years. She was arrested on 23 September 2018. Later, the officer was booked at 7:20 pm with bail set at $300,000.
Amber Guyger Bio, Age, Parents & Early Life
The former police officer was born in 1998 in Dallas, Texas, USA. Due to privacy reasons, the information about her father and mother are not disclosed on the internet.
This was not the first time that the 30-year-old officer shot innocent with her gun. In fact, in May 2017, Guyger shot a suspect while attempting to identify a person. Luckily, the other person came out of his car and took her gun and saved the man.
As of her dating status, the officer is in a relationship with her boyfriend (name not available). But she is unmarried.
Amber Guyger Biography, Age, Spouse, Parents, Height, Weight, Murder Case, Profile & Wikipedia Amber Guyger Wiki, Bio
- Amber Guyger, 31, was convicted of murder on Tuesday after she shot dead her black neighbor Botham Jean, 26, in his Dallas apartment
- A jury reached the unanimous verdict in the high-profile trial after six days of witness testimony but just a handful of hours of deliberation
- The murder charge brings a prison sentence of between five and 99 years
- Loud cheers erupted in the courtroom after the judge read out the jury’s verdict
- Guyger, a four-year veteran with Dallas Police, was off duty but still in uniform when she fatally shot Jean in his home on the evening of September 6, 2018
- She told investigators that after a 13.5-hour shift she mistakenly entered the wrong apartment and shot Jean thinking he was an intruder
- Prosecutors argued that Guyger should have known she was on the wrong floor and questioned why she didn’t radio in for help
- They said she had non-lethal tools on her service belt at the time, including a stun gun and pepper spray
- Her defense attorneys tried to argue that Guyger fired her gun in self-defense based on the belief that Jean was a burglar
Originally from the U.K., Darryl Hinton is a journalist and web content specialist who now lives and writes in Trending Topics of United States, United Kingdom and Australia. Hinton’s work has appeared in a wide range of publications in print and online, including The Guardian, The Daily Beast, Pacific Standard magazine, The Independent, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, and many other outlets.