Coronavirus At A Primary School in Derbyshire
Burbage Primary School in Buxton, Derbyshire, told parents and carers about the case last night. However, health chiefs have yet to confirm if it is correct
Two more cases of the killer coronavirus have been confirmed today in the United Kingdom in travelers who contracted the virus in Europe in the midst of a growing crisis on the continent that has left Britain in fear. The heads of the Department of Health refused to confirm where in Britain each unidentified patient was diagnosed, but revealed that one had contracted the deadly virus in Italy and the other was infected in Tenerife. It is believed that one of the cases is likely to be the father of a child at Burbage Elementary School in Derbyshire. The school closed today closed for a deep clean after the principal said a father caught the killer coronavirus. The authorities refused to confirm whether it was one of the two cases. Health chiefs revealed that one of the patients was quarantined at the Royal Liverpool Hospital while the other was taken to the Royal Free Hospital in London.
Fifteen cases of the deadly infection have now been confirmed on British soil, until today all of them had been linked to the Far East. The virus has not yet spread among humans in the United Kingdom. Coronavirus chaos has taken over Britain, and the United Kingdom is now waking up to the fact that the outbreak is an imminent crisis and is no longer just a problem in Asia as cases in Italy continue to accelerate. The growing fears have led to the closure of large companies, the postponement of sporting events and the storage of diapers and soups by families in the countries of origin. Health chiefs warned the public to expect more cases after yesterday, in which the number of coronavirus infections worldwide exceeded China for the first time due to other outbreaks in South Korea and Iran.
The decision to close Burbage Elementary School had been taken as a “precautionary measure,” according to a WhatsApp message sent to parents by principal Anthony Tierney. The message read: ‘Dear parents and caregivers, due to a confirmed case of coronavirus among our population of parents, Burbage Elementary School will CLOSE tomorrow (Thursday, February 27, 2020) as a precautionary measure and to allow a cleanup to be completed. deep An additional update will be shared tomorrow. Thank you.’ School leaders emphasized that the decision had been made for the safety and protection of children and teachers so that the school could be cleaned. But an appeal from the school, which has 347 students and 49 staff members, so that people do not share the information was received with some anger and dismay.
Mr. Tierney was at the place early this morning to deal with worried parents. He confirmed that the doors would remain closed for the day. “We’re closed, it’s just a precaution,” he said. “I can’t say anything else for the moment.” It occurs when at least 13 schools across the UK closed their doors for fear of the spread of the virus, and more than 20 more have sent their students and teachers to their homes for fifteen days after suffering colds and coughs after Ski trips to Italy. in the medium term Prince George and Princess Charlotte’s private school is the last in the United Kingdom to send students home for the isolation of the coronavirus. Four students at Thomas’s Battersea School in southwest London were sent home and are awaiting test results, it was reported yesterday.
Health Secretary Matt Hancock yesterday urged schools not to close because of coronavirus scares – but some headteachers have taken evasive action and shut down schools after staff and students came down with ‘mild flu-like symptoms’ after returning from the Alps.
Others have sent home the pupils and staff who went on the trips to Italy, where 11 towns are now in government lockdown. While many have decided to stay open, telling pupils they must come in unless they have clear symptoms of the killer virus – a move which has angered some parents.
In other developments to the escalating coronavirus crisis:
- The Queen’s granddaughter Zara Phillips and her husband Mike Tindall will not self-isolate despite returning from virus-hit northern Italy last week
- Ireland’s rugby match against Italy on Saturday was postponed amid fears Italian fans could bring the virus to Dublin
- Saudi Arabia banned religious pilgrims from visiting Mecca or Medina to prevent the spread of coronavirus in the Kingdom
- Germany warned of the ‘start of an epidemic’ as Europe scrambles to contain a coronavirus outbreak spreading from Italy across the continent
- NHS chiefs launched a public coronavirus campaign telling people to wash their hands for 20 seconds before eating and after using public transport
- British tourists trapped in a Tenerife hotel at the centre of coronavirus scare slammed the ‘absolutely awful’ response by the Government
- The London Stock Exchange dropped to a new 13-month low and traders warned that the virus could lead to ‘anaemic global growth’
Originally from the U.K., Darryl Hinton is a journalist and web content specialist who now lives and writes in Trending Topics of United States, United Kingdom and Australia. Hinton’s work has appeared in a wide range of publications in print and online, including The Guardian, The Daily Beast, Pacific Standard magazine, The Independent, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, and many other outlets.