Crystal Mirogho Wiki
Crystal Mirogho was a two-year-old girl, who was killed after an air conditioning unit that fell from an eighth-floor apartment landed in her stroller while her two younger brothers watched in horror.
Crystal Mirogho Death
The girl’s mother and her three young children entered the Toronto Community Housing complex after she picked up two of them from school. Just before entering the building, an air conditioning unit landed directly on the stroller carrying Crystal Mirogho, according to CTV News Toronto.
Crystal’s two brothers, ages five and seven, witnessed the incident. She was rushed to the hospital, where she was pronounced dead just after 11 p.m. Monday. “I heard screams,” building resident Sherene Bromfield told CTV News Toronto. I ran, ran through my balcony, looked and could see her trying to revive her daughter. “They said they had a pulse, a low pulse, and she just started crying.” The family, through a law firm, said it was “devastated” by Crystal’s death. “Our family has lost our precious baby Crystal,” said the family. ‘We are devastated. We ask that during this difficult time we be given the opportunity to mourn our loss in private.
Crystal Mirogho GoFundMe page
A $ 23,790 GoFundMe page raised with a goal of $ 30,000 has been created to help the family offset burial and burial costs. The page described A young life was truncated, the dreams of a mother were shattered on a day marked as the Day of Remembrance of those who lost their lives. While Crystal and her mother were driving their stroller to their building while their two brothers watched this happen right in front of them, their entire world turned over. Within seconds, they realized that a heavy air conditioner had fallen on Crystal. Crystal was rushed to the Sick Kids hospital, where doctors went out of their way to save her life, however, at 11:04 pm, she succumbed to her injuries and died. Our whole family is devastated. She was the youngest of our family and the light of our lives. Crystal’s brothers and their mother witnessed this horrible incident. This GoFundMe is being created by a family member to help the father, Mujibrahmon Mirogho with funeral expenses and move the family to another building. The family cannot bear to return to the same building where their daughter was killed. Thanks to each and every donation.
Fast Facts You Need to Know
- Crystal Mirogho, 2, died Monday after the stroller carrying her was hit by an air conditioning unit that fell from a window on the 8th floor
- Mirogho was with his mother and two brothers, aged five and seven, when they entered his apartment building in the Scarborough section of Toronto.
- Mirogho was rushed to a local children’s hospital just before 4 p.m. and was pronounced dead just after 11 p.m. of Monday
- Preliminary investigation has found that the incident was the result of a ‘tragic accident’
- The residents of the building said management offered tenants the opportunity to change window air conditioning units in exchange for portable air conditioning, but not everyone did
- A law firm representing the family says it has notified the owners of the building, although it is too early to say if there will be a lawsuit.
Originally from the U.K., Darryl Hinton is a journalist and web content specialist who now lives and writes in Trending Topics of United States, United Kingdom and Australia. Hinton’s work has appeared in a wide range of publications in print and online, including The Guardian, The Daily Beast, Pacific Standard magazine, The Independent, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, and many other outlets.