Lee and Stella Vigil, in their 70s, reportedly disappeared in Colorado Springs around 8.30pm Friday, as they did not return from a hike near the Edmundson trail on Woodmen Road.
According to KKTV, Vigil and relatives of El Paso County Search and Rescue officers found the couple’s car when they reached the trail. An elderly Colorado couple, who disappeared during a weekend walk, was shot dead near a trail. tell me.
Lee and Stella Vigil Found Dead
Four hours later, at 12:30 pm, authorities found the couple’s bodies on the Santa Fe trail near Fountain Creek, about three hours’ walk from where the couple first started their walk.
It was understood that the couple had a bullet wound.
The police did not reveal any more details about their deaths.
Locals were shocked to learn of their deaths in the hiking area frequented by couples and families.
I don’t want my wife to come here alone. After that he always has to come with me, if we come back, said Morty Zand KRDO, who was walking near the trail on Saturday.
Until today I generally feel very good. You have to be a little careful, sometimes there are some sketchy people, ” Michael Hollenbeck, who knew the couple, said to the exit.
It’s sad, sad, I think I’ve seen them in their tracks before, he added.
Detectives from the Violent Crimes Murder / Assault Unit are currently investigating two deaths.
Fast Facts You Need To Know
- Lee and Stella Vigil, who were in their 70s, were reported missing Friday around 8.30pm after they didn’t come back from a hike
- They went hiking near Edmundson trail on Woodmen Road in Colorado Springs
- Relatives and police arrived to the scene and found the couple’s car
- Around 12.30am officials found their bodies off a trail near Fountain Creek
- The couple apparently suffered gunshot wounds