Lewis Howlett Wiki – Lewis Howlett Bio
Lewis Howlett, a 25-year-old English teacher, “looked for every opportunity to bring the subject to life,” according to its director.
As previously reported, Howlett entered the river at Redcote Lane in Kirkstall at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, but disappeared below the surface and could not emerge. I was with a friend. In a letter to today’s parents, Farnley principal Chris Stokes described the popular teacher as a “rising star.” He said:
- “At just 25 years old, Lewis was an absolute rising star. He was in his third year with us at The Farnley Academy and was known and respected by all.
- “Lewis’ ability to teach English was just astonishing. Having personally witnessed him teach on a number of occasions he sought every opportunity to bring the subject to life.
- “Lewis promoted literacy and a love of reading to all and had a unique ability to engage even the most disengaged reader. Such was the quality of Lewis’ teaching, after just 12 months working in the academy, Lewis took on his first management responsibility as a ‘Teaching & Learning Leader’.
- “Coupled with this, Lewis volunteered to lead the school in our efforts to promote Oracy through our Trust wide Voice21 programme.
- “Whilst standing in Lewis’ classroom this morning, admiring his wall of
thank you cards from students, it is so abundantly clear that Lewis had so much more to give and had he had the opportunity would have gone on to achieve great things for our school and the wider teaching profession.
- “Our community is absolutely devastated by his untimely death.”
Lewis Howlett Age
He was 25 years old.
Lewis Howlett Died In River
Lewis Howlett, 25, who taught at Farnley Academy in Leeds, went missing in the Aire River in nearby Kirkstall on Saturday night. His friends raised the alarm and his body was found by search teams in the early hours of Sunday.
A group of his friends called the officers just after 8:30 p.m., who said he had disappeared while swimming in the Kirkstall area of the city. The emergency services searched the water and his body was found in the early hours of Sunday morning.