Mark Berhow Wiki
Berhow’s father, Mark Berhow, died of a heart attack in December 2017, according to his online obituary.
Mark Berhow, the late father of 16-year-old Nathaniel Berhow, who shot dead his classmates in a California high school on Thursday, was a hunter who owned several weapons and was arrested once on suspicion of abusing his wife.
Mark Berhow Life & Career
Old Berhow, who worked as an engineer for a health care company, was an avid hunter and is believed to have multiple weapons. His obituary described his love for “big game and fishing of all kinds.”
“His father, Mark Berhow, died in December 2017 for unknown reasons, according to an obituary.
In 2016, shortly before Mark Berhow died, the shooter’s mom sued him for custody of their children, according to Trellis.”
— Icecinder (@Icecinder) November 14, 2019
Mark Berhow Arrest
According to records from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department published in a local newspaper, Berhow’s father was arrested in June 2015 on suspicion of attempted assault against his wife Mami Matsuura. The district attorney’s office refused to file charges at that time due to insufficient evidence.
Online records also showed that Berhow’s mother and initiated a divorce process against her husband in August 2016 and was requesting custody of the children. Authorities interrogated the teenager’s mother on Thursday while seeking an explanation for the shooting. A childhood friend of Berhow speculated in an interview with KTLA that the death of the teenager’s father two years ago could have triggered the uproar. The friend claimed that Berhow’s father drank a lot and also made his own bullets. When asked if there were guns in Berhow’s house, the friend said: “His father used to make bullets, so I guess he had bullets and things like that.” The neighbors said that Berhow’s father was passionate about weapons, but it is not clear if the teenager had access to weapons.
Mark Berhow Death
Berhow’s father, Mark Berhow, died of a heart attack in December 2017, according to his online obituary. The obituary included several pictures of him hunting as an adult and teenager.
Fast Facts You Need To Know
- Nathaniel Berhow, 16, is accused of killing two students and injuring three others at his Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California on Thursday
- He tried to shoot himself but survived and is currently in a grave condition
- As authorities continue to investigate and try to determine a motive, details about the suspect and his family have started to emerge
- Berhow’s father, Mark Berhow, died of a heart attack in December 2017, according to his online obituary
- The elder Berhow was a hunter and is believed to have owned multiple weapons
- Berhow’s father was arrested in June 2015 on suspicion of attempted battery on his wife but charges were never filed
- Authorities were questioning the teen’s mother on Thursday as they searched for an explanation for the shooting