Nathaniel Berhow Biography
Nathaniel Berhow is a 16-year-old student from Saugus High School who has been identified as the suspect of shooting in a shooting at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California. Berhow was included in an athletics meeting in Santa Clarita, where he represented Saugus High School. The meeting was held in Central Park on September 19. Two months later, Central Park was the place of the reunion point between parents and students who followed the Saugus High School student.
Nathaniel Berhow Age
He is 16 years old.
Nathaniel Berhow’s Father
Berhow’s father, Mark, died on December 5, 2017. An online obituary for Mark Berhow says he was originally from Lancaster, California, 45 miles east of Santa Clarita, and that he died while living in Valencia, California. He was 55 years old. The photos on the obituary page show Mark Berhow with several hunting rifles.
Suspect Shooter Nathaniel Berhow Arrested
Villanueva said a suspect was being treated at a local hospital. The sheriff did not reveal any other details.
The sheriff’s department previously described the suspect as an Asian man. Eric Ortiz, from the sheriff’s department, told KCBS-TV authorities that they don’t know his motive. Details on how they captured the suspect were not immediately available.
Schools placed on lockdown
Ortiz said all schools in the area of the shooting were closed while authorities were searching for the suspect. The William S. Hart Union High School District in Santa Clarita then said that all closures were lifted except for Arroyo Seco and Saugus.
Saugus High School Shooting
The Santa Clarita sheriff’s department said there were reports of five victims who were being treated. Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital received two critical patients and three were still on the way, the department said. Los Angeles County Fire Department spokesman Christopher Thomas told the Associated Press that it was not immediately clear if the injured suffered gunshot wounds or other injuries. The Los Angeles County Sheriff announced later in the morning that the suspect was in custody and was being treated in a hospital. Authorities described the shooter as “a male Asian suspect [with] black clothes.”
High School Shooting Victims
There were a total of six victims, including the alleged shooter, whose 16th birthday is today, authorities said. At least two people died and several were injured after a shooting Thursday morning at a high school in southern California, authorities said. The suspect is in the hospital “in serious condition,” Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said at a press conference. Authorities said a 16-year-old woman and a 14-year-old man were killed. Saugus High School has about 2,400 students, depending on the district.
A weapon has been seized”
The William S. Hart Union High School District said it was notified by law enforcement that a suspect was in custody “and a weapon has been seized.”
“We have been told that there is no other suspect,” the district said.
Authorities later said the weapon that the suspect used was recovered at the scene.
“It’s a .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol, which had no more rounds in it, had no more bullets in it,” Kent Wegener of the LA County Sheriff’s Department said at a press conference.
Fast facts you need to know
- Los Angeles County sheriff says the suspect is in custody
- Shooting happened at Saugus high school in California city
Originally from the U.K., Darryl Hinton is a journalist and web content specialist who now lives and writes in Trending Topics of United States, United Kingdom and Australia. Hinton’s work has appeared in a wide range of publications in print and online, including The Guardian, The Daily Beast, Pacific Standard magazine, The Independent, McSweeney’s Internet Tendency, and many other outlets.