Joe Elias Wiki – Joe Elias Bio
Joe Elias, 53, was driving on Victoria Rd, Drummoyne on Friday, March 6, when another car collided with the back of his vehicle in an alleged organized accident.
Two men have been charged with an alleged attempt to kidnap the operator of Sydney’s party boat Joe Elias and hold him for ransom.
Joe Elias Age
He is 53 years old.
Joe Elias charged with kidnap attempt on NRL legend’s brother
The cars turned onto the nearest street and Mr. Elias got out of his vehicle to assess the damage, before two men in the other car physically assaulted him. The men allegedly attempted to lift Mr. Elias with their hands and feet and carry him to his Toyota Hilux, however, he managed to escape and run to the nearest street.
The two men allegedly attempted to leave the area in their car, before fleeing on foot. Large numbers of witnesses and passers-by observed the brazen attempt at Edwin St, which took place around 4 p.m.
Elias is the owner of All Occasion Cruises, which made headlines when the body of a 39-year-old woman was found in a loo in a party boat after she was fatally overpowered by toxic gases in March last year. When contacted by the Herald, Mr. Elias confirmed that there was an incident on March 6, but declined to comment further while a police investigation is ongoing.
Joe Elias And Martin Radat Arrested
On Thursday, Martin Radat, 23, and David Ninip, 27, were arrested in morning raids on homes in Fairfield and Glenmore Park. It is alleged that the two men were responsible for the kidnapping attempt, which was planned by a group of individuals.
Police allege the plan of the assailants was to stage the crash, kidnap Mr Elias and hold him for ransom.
Acting Superintendent Detective Grant Taylor, Commander of the Robbery and Serious Organized Crime Squad, said the men were the last to be arrested in connection with several recent kidnappings, some of which have involved alleged torture of victims. “Kidnappings are not an unusual event … we have had a number of them in the past few months,” he said. “They tend to be large sums of money … demanded of people who have been kidnapped.” He said that in most recent kidnappings the victim has suffered “some form of torture”. The men arrested Thursday were accused of trying to detain them in company with the intention of gaining an advantage, causing actual bodily harm and other crimes.
Police believe the incident may be related to a similar attempt in November, when a 36-year-old man was allegedly assaulted with a firearm and kidnapped by two men in a workshop on Links Road, St Marys. The man was located the following day suffering injuries in a shed on a property in Shanes Park, in western Sydney. He was discovered by three members of the public and taken to hospital in critical condition with a fractured skull. Since then he has been released from the hospital. Police have already charged three men, aged 36, 39 and 40, for the alleged incident. They remain in court. Acting Superintendent Detective Taylor said police believe there was a “core” group of people responsible for the March and November incidents, but that different people were used at different times to carry out the kidnappings. Three other men, aged 25, 46 and 51, were also charged Thursday with a series of alleged kidnappings, extortion, firearms and unrelated drug-related offenses.